Wednesday, November 01, 2006

So Long

SpielDeal started out as an experiment to see if a DealNews-style website might be useful to the boardgaming community. My concerns were two-fold: is this a resource with enough of its own voice, that is, information that is not just cribbing off other sites; and, would there be enough traffic to make it interesting to readers? For the former point, I think it is best to give over to the Hot Deals forum at BoardGameGeek. For the latter, well, it's a lot of work to ping fifty or sixty sites every day looking for deals! I hope that folks had fun reading, and that we saved a few dollars here or there, but it is time to bring it to a close. See you at BGG.CON!

Tom

Comments:
Sorry to hear that you're closing up. I found this to be a very good resource and easier to parse through than on the geek forum...

See you on BGG!
 
Same here! I thought it was a valuable resource that served a very useful pruprose. We'll miss you!
 
It was very handy to always get an RSS feed of the deals. I will miss it.
 
Thanks for the hard work! I'll miss SpielDeal but now I can start saving again. ;)

jyeackle
 
sad to see you go.. much easier to see the deals here than on the geek
 
I don't blame you for ending your experiment. Fifty sites a day?

SpielDeal was a great resource. I'll keep it in my feedreader in case you decide to return.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home
© 2006 SpielDeal. All logos and brand names are property of their respective owners.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?